Monday, June 28, 2010

The Studio in Kansas City

I am back from a lovely weekend of teaching at The Studio in Kansas City. I had 4 great classes, wonderful snacks in the classroom and a group of fabulously friendly and loyal knitters. Many had taken my classes elsewhere before, and were brave enough to sign up again!! My new book, Strick-ly Socks, had its second debut there, the first being in Columbus at Knitter's Connection. It was well received both places, so I am very happy that people like it. One of the classes I taught at The Studio was on the new sock construction.
Cindy Craig, the manager of the store, was a lovely hostess, as was Alie, the owner, who's daughter, Emma, I had in a class at Stitches years ago when she was about 5 years old. It was mind-boggling to see Emma again, as she is taller than I am. I am very excited to start knitting Cindy's new skirt pattern, Flouncy Skirt, with some Louet linen that I have been saving for the perfect project. I think this it!
Isn't it a great feeling when you finally find that special pattern that you have been searching for? This is a basic stockinette stitch skirt but has a beautiful lace border at the bottom. Sometimes I just want to do miles of stockinette stitch, and when I am done with the miles, I have this wonderful lace bit to keep me happy.

1 comment:

  1. Candace, we had a great time. The knitters are still talking about the weekend when they have been in the shop this week. A joyful time was had by all. -Cindy

    ReplyDelete