Friday, July 9, 2010

TKGA in Manchester, New Hampshire

I'm here teaching at the TKGA (The Knitting Guild of America) annual conference. Yesterday I taught my class entitled 2 by 2 to a lovely group of women. It is all about how to use 2 colors to jazz up your knitting. Today I teach Austrian Traveling Twisted Stitches for 6 hours, and tomorrow I will be teaching my new class called Vivaldi's Concerto. Musicians like to make fun of Vivaldi because they say he wrote one concerto 400 times. The class is all about how to make a sweater from the top down, and all the variations you can do with this construction.

Last night I signed books at the Elegant Ewe booth, but had a chance for a quick run through the market. My most favorite "needle people" were there, Tom and Linda Diak, with their gorgeous hand-crafted needles. They are from Grafton, Vermont. Tom makes the needles and Linda makes gorgeous batts of blended roving. Both products lure me in every single time.

Here's a picture of the smooth and fabulous needles, size 0, of course, for socks.
Here's a link to their website
www.dyakcraft.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Candace-
    Thanks for a great class on Saturday, my mom and I had a great time and she's already starting working on a top-down cardigan for herself!
    I hope your son did well in his race, too!

    Christina Graceffa
    cgraceffa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete